Saturday, July 11, 2015

Sewing Scarves Tonight

I don't know what has taken me so long to finally sew these up but at long last here they are.

The cream/red/black/red plaid fabric is something I purchased from Emma One Sock and I could not decide if I should cut it in half and make a longer, thinner scarf or cut it in half and add a different fabric to the back. But, in the end I just sewed it up! Now if I could have just done that a year and a half ago, I probably would have been able to wear it through two holiday seasons.  It's nice to know I am ahead of my holiday sewing!


This next scarf is the second (and third) one I've made from from stretch knit I found at Joann's this past winter and my plan then was to sew some up for holiday gifts.  I didn't quite get them done in time for Christmas but one was ready for a Spring gift.  One is going to a friend at work and the other I haven't decided whether to keep or give away.  Maybe my daughter will spy it this summer and take it home with her.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments: