Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wristy Business and Carpinteria

A few weeks ago during our 100+ heat in So. California my friend GinaMarie and I took a drive to Carpinteria to escape the heat and visit the monthly flea market at the Historical Society. Surprise, surprise, the heat was there too but we had a nice, cool ocean breeze. So much to see! I wish I could share all the fun items that were out but I don't have a smart phone - yet!

One booth that caught my eye was from Wristy Business.  The reason their booth caught my eye was because I recently saw an article in my Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine which had featured on the cover something new that I had not seen before - " neck art" is the only way to describe it.  Old men's ties, a little memory wire, some embellishments, and you have a necklace from a necktie.

Here is the March/April 2013 issue cover:


And here are a few of the beautiful pieces made by Leslie and Joy:

Purse Front
Wristlette
Hat
Purse Back
  
Purse with Distinct Ties
Green Pretty Purse







No comments: